If you are seeking to make a payment on behalf of a detained immigrant at the South Texas Detention Complex in Pearsall, TX please mail a money order, money gram, or bank cashier’s check to the address below. Alternatively, you can make a payment online with a credit or debit card by filling out the form below.
We accept payments in the following situations:
- Initial visit / legal consultation (basic $35, specialized $250)
- Clients with whom we have already signed a contract for legal representation (we will provide a copy of the Contract with the costs listed)
- Limited service agreements where we’ve agreed to assist the detained immigrant in a specific matter / limited service that does not include legal representation (we will provide a copy of the Statement of Understanding with the costs listed)
PAY BY MAIL
Please make your money order, money gram, or bank cashier’s check out in the name of “Migrant Center for Human Rights” and mail to the following address:
San Antonio, TX 78209
We highly recommend that you mail your payment via USPS certified mail or via another form of shipping that provides tracking so that you can verify when your payment is delivered. If you have not received delivery confirmation from us for more than a week after your payment is delivered, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAY BY CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
Please e-mail email@example.com if you have any issues with your payment being processed.
Refund policy: We are happy to provide refunds at any time before the legal services are provided. For example, if we have not yet left for the detention center and we are informed that the individual has been transferred to another facility or has been released we will refund the total payment.* If we have completed part, but not all of the services, we will refund the portion not used. For example, if we have traveled to the detention center but were not able to meet with the person due to the person or their family/friend not updating us on time we will subtract the cost of travel (for 2020 this is $164.40).
* For online payments: Our payment processor Stripe subtracts a processing fee. If we can reverse the payment before Stripe processes your payment a complete refund will be given back to the credit or debit card used. If Stripe has already processed the payment we will send a check refund in the amount received by our bank, minus a $5 processing / mail fee which covers the certified mail tracking cost. Please give us a week from the time we receive your mailing address to issue the refund check.
* For mail payments: We will send a check refund in the amount received, minus a $5 processing / mail fee which covers the certified mail tracking cost. Please give us a week from the time we receive your mailing address to issue the refund check.